10 Reasons to Call a Pest Control Company [Infographic]
Why call a pest control company when you can buy a product and spray it around your house? In this article we will discuss the top 10 reasons you need to call a professional in for help.
Do you wake up with itching skin or see small droppings on the floor? If you answered yes, then this article may help you.
Before we go into the reasons as to why you should hire a pest control company, let’s first look at some of the common pests that infest homes in Australia.
- Rats and mice
What To Look For When Hiring
How can you choose an exterminator that will provide quality and value? Consider evaluating them on these key aspects below.
Qualifications and Licensing
- Do the technicians have up-to-date licenses?
- Does the company follow Pest Management Planning protocols?
Experience in the Industry
- How many years have they been in business?
- Ask the company if ongoing education and training is important to them.
- Has the company dealt with a problem similar to the one you are facing before?
- Are they able to identify the pest?
- Ask family members and friends about the specific company.
- Ask the company for references.
- Check social media reviews. Facebook is great for connecting with friends but di you also know it’s a great place to learn about a businesses reputation?
- Ensure that the company is a member of any associations?
Value For Money
- Get at least three estimates then compare their prices and rates.
- Can the company provide a guarantee for their work?
- Ask the technicians if they use low-toxicity treatment options.
- Do they have appropriate insurance measures in place to prevent unwanted exposures and accidents?
- Do the technicians wear protective gear while at work?
- Pay attention to how your requirements are handled. Do they listen carefully and address them with care and respect?
- Are you getting a friendly service with a smile?
Reasons to Hire a Pest Control Company Infographic
1. When You See Mud Tunnels
Termites are very destructive. If you see mud tunnels on the outside of your house it might be time to call a pest controller. Also look out for ‘frass’ sightings, which appear as small heaps of wood clumps around the property. Any of these means it is time to seek expert help.
2. Nests or hives around the house
Whenever you see a group of insects or bees swarming around your ceiling it means it is either a food source or a nest. Look for these nests under decks, eaves, and balconies as this keeps them protected from the elements.
3. Small Droppings
Small dark droppings (poo) in dark corners of your house is a sign of rodent infestation. Consequently, if you find gnaw marks on anything in the kitchen, it’s time to call an exterminator.
4. When you get bitten in bed
Do you wake up with itchy red bite marks? You may have a bedbug or flea infestation. It’s time to call for help.
5. Funny noises in the ceiling or walls
If you hear occasional scratching, tapping or chewing sounds coming from within your walls or roof, you may have a rodent or bat infestation. Other tell-tale signs include flapping and echoing sounds during the night. This is a sign of trapped bats or birds within the ceiling.
6. A trail of ants in the kitchen
Ants are extremely social and live in large colonies. When you see one, there is bound to be more. If you see trails on the walls of your kitchen counter or cabinets, it’s time to get serious with a treatment plan.
7. You have a timber framed house
If you live in a timber framed house thatis atleast 10 years old, it is time to havea pest inspection. Timber framed homes that havent been pre-treated for termites are at risk.
8. Small holes appearing in your clothes
If you find small holes in those old cloithes you havent worn since last year, you might have a silverfish problem. This needs to be treated as soon as possible to avoid them destroying more items.
9. DIY Products aren’t working
If you have tried everything but nothing seems to be working, call in the experts for assistance. Exterminators use stronger chemicals than the ones available in supermarkets and hardware stores.
10. You notice mosture
Pests like cockroaches love dark wet places. They thrive in this environment and it’s best to find the source of the moisture and find a solution, fast.
Pest infestations can be a frustrating and costly. While DIY pest management solutions may be tempting, sometimes you should call pest control company. If you notice any of the above signs and need help contact Pro Pest Control Brisbane for expert advice. As they say, prevention is better than a cure. So wheneer you notice these signs, act fast and it will save you in the long run.