Top 10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Pest Control Company
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Find A Reliable Pest Control Professional?
- 1.1 1. How much experience do you and your employees have in the field?
- 1.2 2. Are there customer testimonials and reviews available for me to reference before moving forward?
- 1.3 3. Is your company licensed and insured?
- 1.4 4. Do you offer free estimates or quotes?
- 1.5 5. What process do you use to determine the type of service necessary?
- 1.6 6. Are the products you use pet safe, kid safe, or environmentally friendly?
- 1.7 7. Will I need to leave my home while it’s being treated?
- 1.8 8. How often have you come across a problem like this?
- 1.9 9. What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
- 1.10 10. How long will this type of treatment last?
How To Find A Reliable Pest Control Professional?
Discovering you have a pest problem within your home or property can be incredibly stressful. What’s even more stressful is finding a reputable company that will handle the issue for you. Before committing to a pest control company, there are several questions you should ask to ensure you’re receiving the best possible service.
The Pro Pest Control Sydney team will walk you through the important ten questions you should ask a pest control company before hiring them.
1. How much experience do you and your employees have in the field?
When deciding on a pest control company, you’re going to want to find someone with the right experience for the services you need. Depending on your problem, you may require a technician with a specific skill set. It’s also worth noting that a technician with ten years of experience will be better equipped to offer a permanent solution than someone who is just starting.
2. Are there customer testimonials and reviews available for me to reference before moving forward?
Customer testimonials and reviews will tell you a lot more about a company than its official website or any spokesperson can. If you can’t find anything online, you should be sure to ask when you make your inquiry phone call. If they can’t offer you any type of customer experience, you may want to consider a different company.
3. Is your company licensed and insured?
It’s imperative to choose a company with the proper licenses to perform the services they offer. These licenses are issued to companies that perform according to regulations in the areas they serve. If you call a company and find out they don’t have the necessary licensure, you should move on to the next company on your list.
4. Do you offer free estimates or quotes?
While it isn’t necessarily a deal breaker to not offer free estimates or quotes, companies that offer this service are generally more transparent with the services you need. Companies that offer free estimates need to honor them in a similar vein. Be sure to ask this question to hold the company accountable if you use their services.
5. What process do you use to determine the type of service necessary?
When calling a potential pest control company, you should ask about their process to determine the necessary services. The technician should be able to adequately explain what the pest you’re dealing with is and what methods are most effective in eliminating them. If they can give you a detailed and accurate explanation, you’re safe to use their service.
6. Are the products you use pet safe, kid safe, or environmentally friendly?
If you live in a home with pets or children, their health should be your utmost concern. When consulting with a technician, be sure to ask if the pesticides they use are safe for everyone in your home. The same sentiment goes for homes with plant life. Environmentally friendly products will effectively eliminate the issue without causing serious harm to the environment surrounding your home.
7. Will I need to leave my home while it’s being treated?
Depending on the length and type of treatment you need to rid your home of a pest, you may need to leave during the treatment process. When consulting with a technician, ask if the treatment will require you to leave. If so, you’ll be able to adequately prepare an alternative place to stay before the day of treatment if necessary.
While some treatments will only take a few hours, others can take a few days. At the very least, knowing the treatment timeframe will give you a chance to make plans to be out of the way.
8. How often have you come across a problem like this?
Asking a technician how often a company sees a problem like yours will gauge the company’s collective experience. It also helps you gauge how concerned you should be. If it’s a common issue in your neighborhood, you’ll likely need to take extra measures after treatment to keep the problem from surfacing again.
9. What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
An honest and reputable company will hire technicians who genuinely want to help you. After a treatment, ask the technician about preventative measures you can take. This way, you can save money in the future by not needing to worry about spending more money to have another treatment done.
10. How long will this type of treatment last?
Asking how long a treatment will last is helpful in that you know how much time you have to prepare next steps. If treatment is meant to be permanent, you won’t need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on future treatments. For temporary treatments, knowing the timespan the treatment works for allows you to gather the necessary products to control pests on your own once it wears off.